- If you’re paying attention to the Amazon/Macmillan kerfluffle, you’re probably already bored of it. That said, Mur Lafferty’s episode of I Should Be Writing on it is brilliant. And includes an awesome interview with Ursula Vernon. And while you’re at it … read, memorize, and apply the lessons of her post Apologies and Confidence.
- A Princess of Earth by Mike Resnick (Dunesteef). This story is based on The John Carter of Mars series, and it’s a real tear-jerker. I hadn’t read any John Carter prior to listening to this and I still enjoyed it a lot. I think you will too.
- Debris by Kiini Ibura Salaam (PodCastle). Creepy little tale about the afterlife and the wisdom of people who seem a little bit insane.
- Going Deep by James Patrick Kelly. Part 1, 2, 3. I’ve been trying to find an easy way to link to this story for awhile. Easy for you, not for me. A few extra links don’t chuff me at all. This story is really great and I was really pleased when it came to audio format. Don’t let the inconvenience of downloading it get in your way.
- Life Insurance by Matthew Warner (Variant Frequencies). An urban fantasy story involving a very unusual insurance policy.
Time To Hold Your Nerve
1 month ago