Monday, November 23, 2009

Tactical Highlighter #9

I hit my 50K in NaNoWriMo! Woot. I was going to do a first pass edit on it right away and then drawer it for awhile. However, I may end up drawering it first. Helps to get perspective. We’ll see. I’m still going to be writing every day though.

  • PodCastle’s East of Chula Vista by Samantha Henderson. This one is a wee bit on the dark side. Combines elements of death anthropomorphization legends with modern immigration issues. May not be everyone’s taste.
  • Hypersonic Tales’ Herman Meant No Harm by Guy Belleranti. Though perhaps a bit predicable, it is still a fun little story.
  • Drabblecast’s Quantum P.I. by Igor Teper. Every Drabblecast is cast in solid platinum bits and blessed by the gods. Quantum P.I. is just my favorite of the stories on here. The drabble (one hundred word story) by Steve Lidster is quite awesome too.
  • Dunesteef’s The Strange Affair of the Artisan’s Heart by Joshua Reynolds. This one is for all my Steampunk loving folks. First Steampunk story ever done by Dunesteef, and some interesting alternate history concepts. The alt history ideas aren’t explored well, but that’s to be understood due to the length of the story.
  • Tee Morris and PJ Ballantine did a Steampunk story reading at the World Fantasy Con and released a recording of it on Tee’s site. The story is called Books and Braun, and is a prelude to a larger work. Possibly a novel.

No comments: