Monday, September 20, 2010

Female, 51-65 years old, and upset

trolljammies.blogspot.com is probably written by a female somewhere between 51-65 years old. The writing style is personal and upset most of the time.

Every so often, I like to use one of those automatic writing analyzers. I’ve used ones that were supposedly theoretically science-based, and used some that are assuredly not. Most of them decide I’m a woman most of the time.

In statistics, we have outliers. Laypersons would refer to outliers as “the exception that proves the rule.” Though that’s not exactly what an outlier is, it does get the point across well enough for this post.

It’s entirely possible that these tests normally identify people correctly and I’m an outlier. That said, this particular test got me hilariously wrong.

On one part, it might be slightly right. It says I’m “upset most of the time,” but if you look at the graph, it seems to be defining “most” as 51%+. Since I post a lot of fiction on here and fiction should include some sort of dramatic element, I should probably have a much greater percentage of “upset” than I do.

Huh. I wonder if it’s including the twitter preview thing in its assessment of my emotional state. That’s quite emo. Not especially womanly though. Mysterious.

No comments: