Sunday, April 11, 2010

Tactical Highlighter #26

This week’s Highlighter is a little heavier on the non-fiction. Hope you enjoy.

  • Eliminationism 1, 2, and 3. This is a podcast version of a local radio program hosted by Allan Handelman. Allan’s show covers a variety of topics, but this one was particularly interesting to me. It talks about the increasing violence threat level coming from certain political movements in the U.S. If you’re a U.S. citizen or resident, I strongly recommend listening to at least the first part of the show.
  • A Hole in the Ozone by Strawman (Dribblecast). The Dribblecast is a podcast I accidentally organized. It features stories written by Drabblecast Forumites and Drabblecast Forumites do the reading too. Most of the stories are just one hundred words in length and are presented in a very simple fashion. This is an excellent example.
  • Groundwork by Neil Schofield (Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine). Mystery isn’t my favorite genre of fiction, but I’ll try nearly anything SFFaudio throws my way. I was very glad I did when I tried this. Absolutely hilarious episode.
  • The Zen of Follow Friday by Tee Morris. If you use twitter, this one is absolutely critical. It explains what “#followfriday” is all about and how it can and should be better than what it has become lately.

No comments: